Makeover Day Three


Today I am going to talk a little about Discipline.

A disciplined life leads to a happy more fulfilled life. Discipline has a lot to do with the mind...out thought process.

I started this 90 day makeover in order to discipline myself in leading a better life and to feel good about myself from the inside out. Have you ever found yourself saying “I am going to do this or that” and almost never do it at the specific time or day that you wished? I have. Lately it had started to be a daily occurrence in my life. And let me tell you I was not pleased with what I was seeing. I was not a happy camper. No. Not at all. So I decided to make a change.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. ~Jim Rohn

This makeover was my first step. The next step is this: Learning to manage my time and Priorities. Society has taught us that everything has to be rushed…well it doesn’t. Learning to pace oneself is a great start to learning self-control (Discipline).

I made a list of everything that I have planned for the day. Start with the most important to the least important. The most important is my number priority. Remember you can have many important things that have to be done within the day. However, there can only be one priority. Why? Although one can multitask one can only complete one thing at a time effectively.  Example: You have two meetings scheduled for the day and for some reason they were scheduled at the same time. Well one cannot be in two places at once. One of those meeting has to come second…whether it’s 10 minutes later or 20 minutes later.  Things that can be delegated…delegate, and then move to the next, and so on.

Exercise this morning: Got up at 5 a.m. and with my son went to the track and walked for 40 minutes.

My breakfast today is eggs, turkey bacon, wheat toast, and melon. I rarely eat bacon. I had a taste for it this morning so I am making it. Nope, I am not being bad. For lunch it will be tuna, salad, and piece of fruit. I will munch on healthy snacks during the day. Not sure about dinner yet.   

Meditation Scripture for today:

“As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.” (Proverbs 23:7).

{{{HUGS}}}


~Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment